Sunday, March 07, 2004

A late-night finish . . . along with Boobs

Cisco and I just got back from our usual late-night walk around the neighborhood. It's a beautiful night; cool and crisp with a succulent, full moon. Our familiar route was bright with moon-shine this evening .

I lost Cisco a couple of times. I was there, pep-stepping along. She was gone, heaven knows where? I whistled for her and could hear the tags on her collar clinking in the distance. I had just about given up on her, figuring she had headed home without me, when here she came, racing down the hill, her toenails clicking on the pavement in gallop mode.

We were on the home stretch, only a two blocks from home, when suddenly I heard a storm door hit its frame and then a woman call, "Heee-ere, Boobs. Heee-ere, Boobs!" I thought, "Good grief, what a terrible name for a dog. And so sexist!"

Once more, I heard the woman call, "Here, Boobs! Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!"

Cisco loves to chase cats and I could just hear myself yelling at Cisco, "Leave it, Cisco. Leave Boobs alone!"

Thankfully, we finished our walk uneventfully, never running into poor Boobs.

No comments: