Saturday, March 13, 2004

In the middle of the Big Ten Tournament

Well, Michigan State handily beat Northwestern last night, and now it will be Wisconsin's turn to pick up their marbles and go home. MSU plays Wisconsin this afternoon at 4:05 in the Big Ten Tourney semifinals, at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

Go State! Beat the Badgers!

Reading all the different news stories this morning, I ran across a Big Ten blog, that on first examination, looks kind of interesting.

I also read an article in the Detroit News about Tom Izzo. I thought Bob Wojnowski did a good job of capturing Izzo's passion for college basketball. And while Coach Izzo will never read this, I am proud of the way he presents himself, the players and the basketball program at Michigan State. For me, he represents the very best of what college basketball is all about.

No comments: