Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday morning post or whine?

Dragon Mood? -- disjointed

It's been a while (or so it seems) since I've taken a weekend morning and just posted.

I feel like the last month has been filled with all these discrete, separate events that I have experienced/ticked off my list/observed with detachment ... and I have felt absolutely no sense of ~flow~. Each week feels like three or four or four-and-a-half days of work to "get" through and then I'm on to the weekend. S and I have been feeling the money pinch pretty good, so our weekends have been filled with watching TV, watching HBO movies, playing computer games and/or sitting looking at one another. We have not been dining out or going to the movies. We have avoided stores and shopping, in general, like the plague. (Sometime, I would like to post about shopping and what a nasty national habit our country, women in particular, seems to have acquired. Who needs all that stuff, in the infamous words of George Carlin?).

I digress. When I reflect on what my last month has been filled with, BASKETBALL is definitely at the top of the list. For two to three weeks, I (and we) lived from one basketball game to the next. Talk about addictive and obsessive! I also have been somewhat preoccupied with health issues in general. I'm constantly tracking the supply of my Lipitor, Avandia and Synthroid (for two residences), as well as the ubiquitous baby aspirin. Then there's my Femring which I sort of "forgot" and S paid the price for over a week with my bitchiness (well, I did too, but she really did). Then, last weekend, I had to gather my urine for 24 hours (an experience I'd rather forget), fast for 12 hours and run down to the hospital lab before 10 a.m. on a weekend morning to drop off my urine and a goodly supply of my blood. *big sigh* This week, I had to visit the podiatrist for a "problem" with my big toe nailbed which I won't share here 'cuz even I don't want to read about it! So, then I limped for a day and am still applying antibiotic to two toes. Oh yes, and did I mention the PerioMed that I'm gargling with twice a day in preparation for my semi-annual teeth cleaning tomorrow? another *big sigh* I am sick and tired of all these health issues and prescriptives and caveats and pro-active gyrations. ARRrrrghHH! Enough already! I just want to live!

Is it any wonder that I have not experienced any sense of flow this past month?

No comments: