Saturday, April 30, 2005

Marvalene's fur coat

Dragon Mood? -- snorting indignantly that scales are always better than fur!

Once upon a time . . . my Aunt Doris took care of a lady named Marvalene G. Maybe her name was spelled Marv-e-lene; I really don't know.

Anyway, before she died, Marvalene gave Aunt Doris a beautiful tea length (I think that's what people call it) mink coat with a luscious stand-up collar. I don't know that Aunt Doris ever wore it.

Last weekend, Aunt Doris gave me Marvalene's fur coat. She told me she wanted me to have it. She said with my living in the north with all its winter cold, I would get lots more use out of the fur coat than she would. I tried it on and it fit pretty well. Aunt Doris said Marvalene was a taller, bigger person, like me. (Aunt Doris is short, getting shorter and very small-framed.) She kept saying that she wanted me to have it.

I was stunned almost to the point of being rude. I just didn't know what to say. Finally, I sputtered out a "Thank you."

That was definitely an unexpected part of the trip! I am now the still-surprised owner of a tea-length fur coat. Who woulda thunk it??

No comments: