Friday, April 22, 2005

Fast and dirty post

Dragon Mood? -- itchin' to go

It's Friday afternoon, wa-a-aaaay later than I usually am here at work and I'm itchin' to get outta here. I have things to do, people to see and more things to do!

Tomorrow morning I fly to Texas with my beloved sister, Ruth. We are going to visit our dear Aunt Doris and Uncle Hemie. They landed in a rather forgotten corner of Texas, living out their lives rather quietly. Ruth and I want to spend time with them, visiting, sharing a few meals and hopefully, listening to lots of wonderful, old-timey stories. Maybe some of them will surprise us? -- who knows?

I have been very busy at work this past week . . . and I just found out they (management) have racheted up the pressure on us by pushing up the date for running a pilot of a course. Yikes! That will be waiting for me when I return from Texas!

Then, of course there's always the requisite bills to pay. I checked my bank account online today, and -- halleleujah! -- my tax refunds arrived! I will shuttle them from one account to another and my VISA balance will take a wonderful step in the right (read "lowered") direction! I know that S and both of my children are encircling me, applauding. Yeah me!

Joshua the Jubilant Actuary has a birthday next week. Another one! Imagine that! I swear these damn kids are getting older faster and faster! It certainly can't be that I'm getting older and older!?!?! I'm struggling on what to get him? This or that??

I'm scootching my chair towards the door . . . but I did want to acknowledge how postively thrilled I am that I was able to restore this 3-column layout for calypsoDragon13! Thanks again, my sweet hijita, Carolina for all your loving support and gentle encouragement. I could have ten thousand daughters and none would compare to YOU!

Wish me a bon voyage! I'll be back on Wednesday. :-D

No comments: