Sunday, April 03, 2005

A Sad Day in Spartan-land

Dragon Mood? -- ???

Well, the MSU Spartans lost to the Tar Heels of North Carolina by some significant point spread, 87-71, or something like that.

S and I couldn't even bear to listen to the talking heads after the game. We switched the channel, anesthetizing ourselves with some HGTV decorating drivel.

I am proud of the men's basketball team. I think they did themselves, Coach Izzo and all us Spartans proud. Proud with a capital P!

I'm proud of how they defied our too-low expectations of them, how they started afresh after Izzo's dramatic sledgehammering of videotapes from the regular season, how they appeared to really enjoy the post-season run. Those are all good, positive things that I want to remember.

Thanks, Alan Anderson, Kelvin Torbert, Chris Hill and Tim Bograkos for all your hard work, your great spirit and your senior leadership this past year. I appreciate it all! I hope that you carry powerful and positive memories from this experience with you in the coming years.

Love you, Spartans!!!

No comments: