Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tea Party

Dragon Mood? -- for tea party etiquiette, dainty and NO FIREBALLS!"

I work with an older fellow named Bill. Bill is a grandpa to little Hannah, who is now 2-and-a-half years old.

He informed me that he and his wife will be babysitting Hannah and her baby brother for six days next week. I smiled and replied that there would be lots of opportunities for tea parties. Bill's face lit up and he said, "Oh, yes! As soon as Hannah walks in the door, she comes up to me and says, 'Grandpa, let's go play dollhouse.' And then we do."

Hannah, being the imperious two year old that she is, evidently directs Bill on how the play will go. She is the director of the script. If he tries to throw something of his own into her imaginative play, she will cry, "No-no-no!" Bill smiles gently and comments that it's sometimes hard to follow the paths of her imagination. I can only imagine!

...And, I can't wait to be a grandma and hopefully be invited to tea parties! Oh, such fun that will be!

No comments: