Friday, May 20, 2005

Norton's software, the dragon-slayer?

I AM back at work today and feeling better than I have since Saturday afternoon -- yes, that's SIX days ago.

I am looking forward to gathering up the dog and my Hawaiian-flowered gypsy bag and heading home to the pine trees and the daffodils and my piano.

But waiting there for me is a task. A mission. A quest, you could almost say. To survive installing Norton's Internet Security software. Which I tried to install two weekends ago -- with terrible, horrible, very bad results. I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say that spending three hours on the phone talking to a techie in India is NOT my idea of a great way to spend Mother's Day. And that three hours was spent just trying to UN-install the damn software. Very terrible, very horrible, very bad.

So, as the dragon, I'm feeling like I'm going to re-meet my St. George. And I can tell you that St. George won't be the one walking away from THIS fight!

(Now, if I can just NOT throw up ...}

No comments: