Sunday, May 22, 2005

Languorous Sunday

Dragon Mood? -- moving slow and happy

It has been a lovely, slow-moving day. I hope the word, "languorous" is the right word. I have spent a lot of the day sitting here at the computer, downloading pictures from our digital camera, playing with them (ever so slightly) in Photoshop, and uploading them to our brand new account at Flickr. Whew! That's a lot of pictures. Plus, I cropped and reduced many of them so S can upload them to her Palm. All this technology is fun and exciting and wonderful ... but it does take time. Thankfully, I enjoyed it and just took my time.

I fixed myself a breakfast of turkey bacon (so easy and unmessy in the microwave!) and a nice little Pyrex mixing cup of good ol' fashioned oatmeal (yes, arterial walls -- you are WELCOME!) with a little brown sugar, broken up walnuts and some berrily-delicious strawberries. A breakfast fit for a queen!

Then the queen decided to take a nap. Mind you, this was early in the afternoon on a wonderfully gray, rainy Sunday -- what could be better? S covered my legs and feet with a "lap blanket" as she calls it and I was warm and safe. I slept and dreamt in a deep, dark place; it felt profoundly restful there. Then I heard the dog growl a low growl which segued into loud and repeated barking. Nap over.

Later, we talked over the world's problems and decided to go get an ice cream cone.
When you can't solve the world's problems, doesn't an ice cream cone sound like a good idea? I had lowfat, low-sugar yogurt with Spanish peanuts in a cup, Cisco had a doggie ice cream (replete with little doggie bone) and S, the sugar-glutton, had a large Blizzard filled with Reese's Pieces. Eeechchhh! Too much sweet for me!

We walked around the "estate" and took more pictures of the flowers. I've already downloaded them off the camera and UPloaded them to Flickr. All this UP and DOWN loading! I hope to post one here from Flickr. It will be a test.

No comments: