Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sick

I am sitting at work feeling like I'm on drugs. No, seriously.

I have had the flu for the past four days. Bad flu -- multiple episodes of vomiting, fever, chills, dizziness, ... well, you get the picture.

So I talked myself into coming into work this morning (a combination of shrillness and good ol' guilt). Big, big, BIG mistake. I'm nauseated and dizzy. The lined wastebasket is a hand grab away -- I made sure of that. I think I'm gonna leave shortly and take the back roads home. No freeway for this spinning, speeding gal.

I wish I could blink myself home, into bed. Right....NOW!

[Note to self: next time, don't do the heavy-handed "you should go to work" guilt-trip thing. And, self ... if you still fall into that old bad habit of being hard on yourself, have the sense not to listen to that claptrap. You are 52. You have good, positive internal tapes. You have loving voices to listen to. Listen to them.]

No comments: