Thursday, June 17, 2004

Uncle George

Dragon Mood? -- restless

I'm sitting here at work, unable to concentrate. My Uncle George is about to undergo surgery in Austin, Texas, for cervical stenosis.

Cervical stenosis compresses the spine, causing loss of motion in a person's extremities. It can also cause intermittent shooting pains down the arms and the legs, like an electric shock. Uncle George has experienced this recently, bringing him to the floor with its intensity and unexpectedness.

This is a degenerative and chronic condition that can only be remedied by surgery. Any surgery on the spine or around the spinal area carries some serious risks with it.

If you knew my Uncle George, he's a take-charge kind of guy, striding around the family farm, barking orders. He's a guy who loves life and especially loves life on the farm. I think his days on the tractor may be over.

I hope the surgery goes well. I'm holding you "in the light," Uncle George. I am trusting that you will be okay.

No comments: