Monday, June 07, 2004

..."they're selfish and peevish and shallow and greedy"

Dragon Mood -- Bobbing head in agreement

From a Larry King Live transcript, interviewing Bill Maher on the troops in Iraq:
"... But I was going to say, you know, sometimes I watch the news and I see these brave people. And then I watch regular television, especially reality television, and you see people who are -- American citizens who are not asked to sacrifice, obviously, because they're selfish and peevish and shallow and greedy. And every show -- every reality show is based on cruelty -- You're fired. You're not good enough. You can't sing. Get off the island. You're not hot enough. And I ask myself, why is this first group of Americans defending the second group of Americans? I really ask that question."
Bill Maher's show, "Real Time With Bill Maher," returns to HBO on July 30. I can't wait.

No comments: