Friday, June 25, 2004

Mixed feelings

Dragon Mood? -- slightly schizophrenic?

It's Friday and I'm feeling . . .

-- sad that, for the next two nights, I don't get to sleep in our silky sheets and huggable comforter and listen to the exuberant birds sing their early morning song;

-- excited that it's Friday and I do get to sleep with my honey ... AND play the piano;

-- sad that I don't get to spend more time with two of the most wonderful people in the world, my son and daughter;

-- excited that it's the end of a work week, especially when my work has been intermittent at best and boring at worst;

-- sad that time continues to pass, like sand slipping in an hourglass, even when present moments are golden and lovely and peaceful and I want them to continue without ceasing;

-- excited that perhaps this evening, S and I will finally get to ride on our best friends' new pontoon, drink cocktails, listen to the sand cranes cry their haunting cry, and watch the sun set on another gorgeous June evening.

Can a person feel so many sad and excited feelings all at once? No wonder I feel so jumbled up inside.

No comments: