Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Hot Junish-day

Dragon Mood -- irritable

I can't help it. When the temperature is over 85 degrees and the humidity is upwards of 60%, I get irritable. I am like a polar bear in Miami. I don't belong in such heat.

Much as I was a Texan newborn, all these years in the northern climes of the Midwest has thickened my blood or whatever biological nonsense may explain my propensity to perspire and sweat.

And I do sweat. Not so much under my arms as on my face, the back of my neck and my throat area. I look like I belong in some Looziana swamp or Amazon jungle. Glowing, perspiring and out-and-out sweating; that's me.

My kids call it the "Grammie gene." My mother (who I wrote of yesterday) had the same reaction to warm weather. And my lovely daughter is showing some mild symptoms of the syndrome. Oh, and I mustn't forget my nephew, Aaron. He has a little bit of the Grammie gene syndrome, too.

It's a rather exclusive little club. You can't fake it, getting in. You either have this remarkable ability to perspire or you don't! And I do!

No comments: