Monday, May 03, 2004

Some astrological projections for me??

My Yahoo May horoscope tells me this:

"Miracles happen during the first weekend of May. By the time you report for work on the 3rd, the decision-makers are offering you the chance of a lifetime. [Really?] Who cares if this isn't what you had in mind? [You can say that again!] It puts you in the seat of maximum advantage between the 5th and 7th . . . If company loyalty isn't an issue [are you kidding?] and debts of gratitude have already been repaid, your skill set is available to the highest bidder, and the bids will be rolling in through the 12th [but, but -- that's next Wednesday!] . . . The beginning of June is already looking good from here."

I happened to read that on Saturday, and it registered . . . slightly. Today, Chris, one of the guys I work with, announced he is leaving. Darn! I like Chris and hate to see him leave. But, he will be working in a supervisory role, for more money, and is looking for some good people. Kind of like the Army, you know? We talked a little about my past experience working with Class A surfacing (not much), but I told him that I would be definitely be interested, if he needs more people.

Do you think there's any hope?

No comments: