Monday, May 31, 2004

Rainy Memorial Day

It's Monday, the last day of May and Memorial Day -- when we remember all the veterans of our country and the tremendous contributions they have made for us and our freedoms, here in the United States and around the world.

It's gray, raining and I am so happy to be blogging here at our computer, in my jammies and my little white socks. My body is still so tired and sore that I can no more think about landscaping work then I can think about walking to the moon.

(Now, flying to the moon is an altogether different matter!)

I finally opened up one of my Christmas gifts, from S, from Christmas before last (2003); the graphics software app, Adobe Illustrator. I poked around it a bit, but I can see there are enough differences between that and Photoshop, I'll have to be careful it doesn't mess me up. It reminds me of high school, when after taking three years of Spanish (and getting fairly comfortable with it), I had a real brain fart and decided to take French my senior year. Totally messed me up. I still get French and Spanish words confused to this day!

Any way, I must proceed a bit carefully.

I want to call Kevin this morning and thank him again for all the incredible help that he gave us, both Saturday and yesterday. Oh my goodness; I can't even imagine where we would be without his help!

This morning, before the rain, the birds were singing their hearts out and I stopped, listened and gave thanks for them. What a gift to hear such lovely music, coming from such small creatures, without stereos or mp3s, no exchange of money involved, no expectations of anything in return. Truly a gift!

Have a great day!

No comments: