Thursday, May 20, 2004

A silvery gray epiphany

I guess, sometimes, I'm rather thick.

My daughter, Lina, has told been telling me for months, if not for several years now, how pretty my hair looks, as it turns from light brown to this silvery-gray color.

My hairdresser and those around her always compliment me on the pretty coloring of my hair.

Even my dad, who never comments on this daughter's appearance(!), recently asked me if that was my natural hair color? Uhhh . . . yeah!

Last night, for some unknown reason, I decided to brush my hair before taking the dog for a walk. I know -- why then? -- I dunno. Which I proceeded to do, enjoying the sensory pleasure of having my hair stroked. I picked up a hand-held mirror, turned around and held it up to my head, turning this way and that. OH--MY--GOSH ! !. . . my hair is not only gray, but silver and positively white in some areas! It's mostly on the top and the sides of my head; the back and undersides of my hair are still medium brown, although they look quite dark in comparison to the silvery stuff. I exclaimed out loud, to no one but myself, at the contrast.

Will wonders never cease? A silvery gray epiphany . . .

1 comment:

JAyneeeee said...

Sounds great, lady. I bet I won't have any hair by the time my daughter wants to tell me (for several years or not) how pretty my hair looks. Oh the woes of a lousy scalp! I saw your profile and I just had to tell you that my boyfriend loves Neil Gaiman too. Oh yeah, and GO BLUE! =D