Thursday, April 16, 2009

What day is it?

Dragon Mood? -- a bit confused

Because I traveled down here to the pied-a-terre two days later than usual, it feels like it should be Tuesday or Wednesday. Certainly not Thursday!

Yesterday, I contacted my former employer about a mix-up on my paycheck. Thankfully, I knew the HR person I spoke to, she was sympathetic and said she would try to get a new check cut for me ASAP.

I also revamped my resume, including my latest employment and the skills I used there, giving much less attention to my automotive product design skills. Funny, but with all this news about two of the Big Three facing bankruptcy, I don't think there's going to be much market for automotive designers any time soon.

And my confusion about the days is just a confirmation that I'm relaxing, letting go and actually trying to enjoy this time off. I'm giving myself permission to grieve the loss of my job and, unlike last time, I'm taking my time jumping into job-hunting. It's just feeling too soon, too early. Working on my resume was enough; actually, working on that felt just about right. Now, I know how Goldlilocks felt inside the three bears' house. FELT JUST ABOUT RIGHT.

Last night, S announced around 10 that she still had to mail her federal taxes. We took the five minute ride to a post office that was open until midnight. There were orange cones, police directing traffic and postal employees wearing special orange vests at the mailboxes taking the tax returns of the most hard-core procrastinators in metro Detroit. That's my honey: HARD-CORE!

No comments: