Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Insomnia

Dragon Mood? -- annoyed

Here's an announcement I'm sure you've been waiting for: I HATE having insomnia! I woke up around 4 a.m. for no particular reason, with tension in my left ankle and toes. S HATES when I crack my toes, so I did so as quietly and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y as I could.
I lay there for another 15 minutes before I realized that I had to go to the bathroom. Ahh, the realities of a fifty-something bladder! But, I will focus on the positive: I'm not wearing Depends. Thank goodness! I'm not ready for that.

Here's some OTHER things I'm giving thanks for:
  • My general health is good
  • S is a loving, supportive partner
  • We are very blessed; we have not just one house, but two
  • Believe it or not, batteries. I turned off the TV and fired up our shortwave radio to listen to music yesterday. I was very thankful we had a couple of fresh C-size batteries to power it.
  • I got my taxes done Monday. The bottom line is I'm getting money back. Hurray!
  • For the pleasure of an unexpected call from my sister, Ruth. She called on her lunch hour and we had a lovely, "remember when ...?" conversation. I'm SO thankful for her.
  • Essential oils. I've been burning a tealight candle under our scent diffuser and I so appreciate the lovely smells.
  • Hot tea. Keeping me warm.
  • Wool socks. Ditto.
  • The internet. I feel like I'm part of something much larger than myself. I especially enjoy blogging and looking at intriguing/energizing/awesome photos on Flickr.
  • Origami. In the process of doing my taxes, sorting through old papers, I found a snappy, hey-look-at-me brochure from Ethan Allen, an upscale Michigan furniture supplier. The brochure's larger format and heavier stock made for some very NICE origami boxes. Maybe I'll take some photos and post them.

No comments: