Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My first 'official' posting of 2007

Dragon Mood? -- a little blue, but it's a beautiful wintry periwinkle blue

It's Wednesday, it's Wendishday, it's 2007 ... and I'm at home.

Not at work, because of a work 'slowdown.' Sorry, no work this week. Better luck next week! Yeechhh! I'm trying to see this time at home as a positive thing, but truth be told, I'm feeling a little low today.

I walked the dog this morning, I responded to a job posting with a cover letter and my resume, I filed for unemployment, I bought a few groceries, I did a bit of organizing, I even took a nap.

I really wanted to paint. BUT ... it's a full moon today ... not a good time for starting a new project like that. AND ... S and I haven't agreed on colors for our bedroom. I do want to be respectful of her wishes on color choice ... we just need to come to an agreement!

Another BUT. There is the ceiling and walls of the pied-a-terre's center hall. The ceiling is virtually CRYING OUT for a new paint job. I may not be able to ignore it much longer.

Plus there are these things to do, as well:
  • spend time working in Illustrator and Photoshop
  • peruse my new, gently-used Photoshop books
  • make my yummy beef stew tomorrow
  • download all the Christmas and post-Christmas images off the camera
  • upload said images to Flickr
  • update all my other blogs to the new-and-improved Blogger interface
  • download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox
  • take a run to the new-in-Canton IKEA store (can't believe I haven't been there yet!)
  • make some mandalas in Illustrator
  • try using Yosh's methodology for scouting out new and potential job possibilities
  • read some more of my new book, The Faith Club (thoroughly enjoying it)
  • walk the dog some more
  • exercise on the treadmill
  • did I mention painting?

No comments: