Friday, January 12, 2007

My hard-working week drawing to a close

Dragon Mood? -- looking forward to seeing the pine trees


Is Friday still an extra-special day when you're unemployed? You bet! I haven't worked all these years without unconsciously modifying my internal hardwiring ... such that Friday brings a slight sense of relief, of relaxation and an anticipation of leisure and good times this weekend.

What's on tap for this weekend? I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if the Christmas tree is still up and requires transport back down to the basement. I'm sure there is more post-holiday cleanup requiring my attention. Laundry that needs doing is like death and taxes -- ever-present.

I have some beading to do. I gave ankle bracelets to our friends, J & J, and sadly, both anklets require shortening. ArrghhH! I have a few other beading projects that I had hoped to finish before Christmas, but -- haha -- it didn't happen.

Cissy desperately needs her Cruella Deville-length nails trimmed. And after that, a BATH! As she ages and slows down, the least I can do (as her co-owner) is keep her looking her furry-beast best!

This week I stumbled upon a flickr user named pedalpower. I commented on one of her photographs and she wrote me a lovely email back, offering several weblinks to check out. They are here and here. I would LOVE to get in the habit of sketching every day. (It's interesting to note and pay attention to the fact that two times this weekend, the universe has 'stumbled me' upon websites featuring drawing. Everyday Matters for one and Inkymess for the other.) Sketching is something I've done for years, but never in any type of disciplined, regular manner. Perhaps it's something I should think about doing. (chuckling) Along with exercising, taking my medications, watching what I eat, exercising, walking the dog every day, blogging, reading more, did I mention exercising? Whew! So much to do -- who has time to work?

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Here's a rather compelling portrait sketch by Danny Gregory. What an interesting thing to do -- a portrait in reds and blues!

No comments: