Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Today is June 7th!

Dragon Mood? -- a little peevish this morning

Today is June 7th. It's a Wendishday!

Here are some things I'm thinking about, remembering, looking forward to:
  • Today is/was my mom's birthday. She would have been 77 today. Hard to believe! In my mind, she will always be 63. Actually, I remember her best in her fifties -- where I am now!
  • Today is a big day for my brother-in-law and sister. Paul is interviewing for a job in the Chicago area. Ruth is waiting at home in Virginia, trying to act like things are "normal" -- sort of? I hope Paul's interview goes well for him. I'm trusting that things will work out as they are supposed to work out.
  • I'm meeting with my long-time friend, Carol, this evening. She is visiting from the Twin Cities. It's an unexpected get-together; I'm looking forward to meeting with her and catching up on news in her life.
  • Last and least important, we all survived the "Devil's Day" or June 6, 2006 ... 6-6-06. The news was full of "light-hearted" accounts of peoples' thoughts on the day. Personally, I think those articles were an insult to the true and real presence of evil in this world. Let's not make light of it, shall we, folks?

No comments: