Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday noon-ish

Dragon Mood? -- gearing up, adrenaline pumping

So ... now with our computer "down" here at the pied-a-terre, Friday noontime is becoming like my Saturday mornings used to be ... a time to relax and post my thoughts. Except today, I don't really have time to relax as I need to work out on the treadmill, gather my things together, maybe catch a quick bite to eat and hit the road before traffic becomes hellacious here in the Motor City.

Weekends at the country home in the pines feel a bit funny these days without access to a computer. I didn't realize how much I associated 'relaxing' with time spent on the computer, surfing, blogging, downloading photos, uploading photos to Flickr, et cetera. I do miss it. I do have more time, however, to play the piano, sit outside on the deck, listen to the fountain, read books or -ugh- clean house.

Tomorrow afternoon, S and I are going to the wedding of Kathy and Jesse. Kathy is the daughter of our good friends and neighbors, Jan & Tom. They were kind and gracious enough to invite us to this significant event in their lives. We're looking forward to meeting some of their crazy, wonderful family including Tom's five (macho) brothers and Jan's crazy Ffffrench family, the LaBelles! I'm looking forward to it!

I'll be back later Monday. Monday morning is TEETH-cleaning time! Wish me well -- "look, Mom, no cavities!"

No comments: