Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday morning catch-up

Dragon Mood? -- catching my dragon breath! Whew!

I can hardly believe that I haven't posted since last Sunday (the previous post really doesn't count). I guess it has been a busy week!

Since last Sunday ...
  • I worked 40 hours.
  • Requested time off for S's surgery ... and now, there's some question as to whether it will happen (gulp!).
  • Received 3 physical therapy treatments, including ultrasound and wonderful deep heat for my upper back.
  • Took a three-hour lunch to accompany S to a local eyeglass store to supposedly pick out frames. She got an eye exam and three pairs of glasses; I got a cholesterol-laden lunch at Wendy's. Oh, well (...sigh). I guess that's what love is all about.
  • Sat with my honey in our favorite plastic Adirondacks and watched the moon approaching, approaching, approaching its full moon status.
  • Worked on Prelude III from Bach's English Suites. I have a long way to go!
  • Assembled four (count 'em, four) pages of jokes and funny stories to regale Tom, the birthday boy, with at our evening out. Thanks to Lina and her friend, Ron, for those!
  • Went to dinner with our pied-a-terre neighbors, Jan and Tom. We celebrated Tom's 59th birthday and (choke, choke) I bought our dinners.
  • Struggled with my iPAQ, which is still not functioning very well. After its week-long strobe light activity, the battery seems anemic and doesn't hold charges for very long. I MUST call Hewlett-Packard customer support.
  • Enjoyed a lovely, quiet evening with S on Friday night, replete with leftovers from our birthday dinnner the night before, watching "What Not to Wear" and Bill Maher's "Real Time;" AND ... taking a moonlit bicycle ride with the dog around the pine tree neighborhood. What a gorgeous night! The sky was this graduated color of surprisingly light blue to deep, dark blue. The moon donned her brightest dress for the occasion! It felt like a gift witnessing it.
  • Bought cute, crafty little glass bowls and floater candles for the upcoming rehearsal dinner. They will be sitting onvery proper little white paper doilies and enhanced by floating red glitter sequins. Stay tuned for the post-rehearsal update!
  • After three weekends of procrastination, we filled the entire bed of the truck with empty beer bottles and returned them all! I have yet to tally the final total but it was definitely over $30.00. That's over 300 beer bottles, folks!
  • Watched a heart-pounding, chest-clutching football thriller between our beloved Spartans and Notre Dame. In an overtime that I still don't know or understand the rules of (and since when does college football have overtime???), MSU beat the Fighting Irish, 44-41! Hurray!!!
Now, as to what's coming up this week, here's a short list:
  • Today, I give the dog a bath. The silly girl rolled in some "doggy perfume" and she stinks! Then, laundry, tidying up and some much-needed vacuuming and dust bunny-chasing, in anticipation of our house guests.
  • I return to the pied-a-terre and work for 3-and-a-half days. S is on vacation this week, sadly chewed up by pre-op and CAT scan procedures for her thyroid.
  • Two more physical therapy treatments.
  • A haircut and styling Thursday afternoon. I want "soft and feminine" this time, not "summer short."
  • Welcoming Lina and Yosh home late Thursday night after a nine-month long absence! I can't wait to put my arms around them.
  • Also welcoming Sally and Grandma Thursday evening. We always have fun with them.
  • Friday is the day before the wedding. Some last-minute stuff like taking the dog to the vet's for boarding, but I want to spend what little precious time I have with my sweet kidlets.
  • Friday evening is the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Hopefully, that will go smoothly, the candles will float and burn, creating an intimate, "en famille"* feel and everyone will have a good time.
  • Saturday is the BIG DAY! Matt and Sarah's wedding! We will caravan over to the hotel, settle in, and get ready for the big day.
  • Camera, coffeepot, bloody Mary-fixin's, hangover bread ... I need to make a list! Don't forget band-aids for blistered feet not used to sexy, dancing shoes!
  • Wedding at three, hors d'oeuvres at five, reception at six!
  • Hopefully, next Sunday I'll post about S's upcoming surgery.
~ -------- ~ --------- ~
* I had to check my spelling and usage. From The Free Dictionary:
Adv. 1. en famille - in a causal way; at home; "we'll have dinner en famille"

No comments: