Friday, September 02, 2005

Hurray, California Senate!

Dragon Mood? -- dragon goosebumps

I was startled and then thrilled to hear that the California Senate approved legislation to legalize same-sex marriages! Whahhhh?
The California Senate approved legislation Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriages, a vote that makes the chamber the first legislative body in the country to approve a gay marriage bill.

The 21-15 vote sets the stage for a showdown in the state Assembly, which narrowly rejected a gay marriage bill in June.

"Equality is equality, period," said one of the bill's supporters, Democratic Sen. Liz Figueroa. "When I leave this Legislature I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I stood up for dignity and rights for all."
Here, here, Ms. Figueroa! Let's hope California's legislature sets aside ignorance, fear and prejudice and passes this bill! Gay people want and deserve equal rights to straight people!

No comments: