Monday, September 05, 2005

Day Four of my four-day weekend

Dragon Mood? -- lamenting

... lamenting to S that not having to go to work is so nice! Not that I wouldn't work; just not having to.

Saturday was a lovely day. Irene gave me a massage which I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. Actually, I truly appreciated and gave thanks for the ability to take a hot, hot shower before getting my massage. I swung by the township's friendly farmers' market and bought some tomatoes for S; she LOVES sun-ripened tomatoes! I made a big pot of navy bean soup Saturday afternoon while S visited with our neighbor, Bill B. out on the deck. He's elderly and lonely and we enjoy talking with him.

Saturday night, we watched a couple of videos: newly released, "Guess Who," with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher (it made me laugh); and the classic, "Anatomy of a Murder" starring James Stewart, Lee Remick and Ben Gazzarra. It was directed by Otto Preminger and featured music by Duke Ellington. The movie was rather long, but I thoroughly enjoyed the musical score.

Yesterday, Sunday, was a long, languorous and lovely day. The weather was as perfect as one could ask for: sunny, about eighty degrees and just a little breeze. S and I sat out on the deck until it got too hot. I spent time sitting here at the computer, playing in Photoshop. I had a ball! You can see some of my work at flickr.

S went over to Mark and Lindsey's house to help Mark with a wood-repairing project. I finally talked with Dad and Evelyn around six. We had been playing phone tag for a week, trying to make contact!

Last night, we ate second-day bean soup (even better than the first day!) and watched two more videos: the infamous "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next" with the incomparable Jack Nicholson and "Ocean's Twelve" with George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt. Loved the first one (I had forgotten the rather dramatic and sad ending) and was disappointed in the second one. I hope to Betsy there isn't an "Ocean's Thirteen!"

Today, I need to haul five 50-pound bags of water softener salt in and down to the basement. That will be my upper body workout for today! I want to shred a whopper of a zucchini and make some zucchini bread. I want to sit out on the deck and listen to the fountain some more!

Maybe talk to mijita and mijito?? I miss their smiling faces and how much we laugh when we're together!

Tonight, S and I will head back to the pied-a-terre for a short work week. Back to work and the salt mines!

No comments: