Thursday, September 16, 2004

what's that you said? WUW?

Dragon Mood? -- just a little silly

I ran home at lunch to release the dog from her thunderstorm-protecting space inside the house. Of course, there had been no thunderstorm , but oh well, my intentions were good.

I digress. On the way home, I saw a license plate with the letters, "WUW" and some numerals after it.

WUW? How do you pronounce that?

I'm so logical it's gonna knock you silly (as it obviously did me!).

When babies and toddlers are learning to talk, the letter-sound "W" is pronounced "wah," right? "Wah-wah!" the toddler cries, banging her cup on the table.

So, being logical, I figured that WUW is pronounced "Woo-wah."

Now, my extended family (of which I'm proudly a part) has an affinity for W's as we call ourselves Wild Wends or Wild Wendish Women (if it's just us girls saying silly girl things).

So-o-oooo . . . I was thinking (always a dangerous endeavor for a middle-aged, menopausal wild woman) that we could use WUW as our greeting for one another. Sort of a secret-but-public greeting from one wild Wend to another.

"WUW, girl, how ya doin'?"

"WUW, I'm doin' fine. Did you hear what Papa and Evelyn are up to?"

And . . . watch out, another thought . . . if we're really excited -- or -- we're watching Tommy's boys put it to the Wolverines in the final game of the season -- or -- we're getting ready to congregate and conflagrate at our hopefully soon-to-be family cottage, we could even say, "WUWUW!" Which would of course translate to "Woo-Woo-Wah!"

The very pinnacle of wild Wendish excitement!

Waddaya say?? WUWUW?

No comments: