Sunday, September 12, 2004

Anniversaries

Dragon Mood? -- remembering

Monday, September 6th -- Monday would have been Nana's 103rd birthday. She was my maternal grandmother -- my mom's mom. My mom and I lived with Nana for the first year or so of my life. Dad was in Korea.

Mom said I was like Nana's second daughter. Whenever I was around her, I felt special!

Curiously, she and her husband, Albert, shared the same birth day. He was born in 1900, in Port Arthur, Texas (I believe?), and Nana was born in 1901 outside of Stapehurst, Nebraska (which is outside of Seward, which is west of Lincoln).

They only had one child, Margaret Ann, my mother.

Nana died in June, 1986 at the age of 84. She was a character, through and through. Geez, do I miss her!

--------------------------

Saturday, September 11 -- I resolved early this week not to watch any television network memorials or schmaltzy "Where were you" commemorations of the attack on our country on September 11th, 2001.

I think we risk cheapening the memory of all those beautiful, wonderful people lost with commercials and celebrities pontificating about the effects on our country.

I am so sorry for all the people who lost loved ones that day. I grieve for their losses.

I am holding them all , dead and alive, in the "light," of God's healing love.



No comments: