Sunday, September 05, 2004

Lots-a-Dots

Dragon Mood? -- Sunday morning-sleepy

What I've been doing over the past couple of days:
  • learning just enough about Word templates to want to learn more
  • finding out that my crazy daughter puts vodka in her gazpacho
  • making banana bread and brownies (sorry, no vodka, no "funny" brownies)
  • learning that my partner, S, is capable of taking on BIG landscaping projects
  • learning that 28 yards of soil is a LOT of soil
  • recalling that my dad, the soil physicist, always called soil "SOIL," not "dirt"
  • discovering that raking a big berm of soil is sort of like frosting a cake (smooth, smoother, SMOOTHEST)
  • finding out how many muscles in my abdominal core are still way out of shape
  • re-discovering that S is a generous soul -- she bought me a Music of the Spheres windchime (!) -- exotic Balinese tuning
  • realizing that eating an ice cream cone WITH my honey WHILE riding in the truck with the windows down is a superlative Saturday afternoon experience
  • finding out how to do text messaging on my phone (thanx 2 Yosh)
  • enjoying getting clean after getting really dirty (soiled?)
  • watching the MSU Spartans get their cramped-up tails beat by the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Get those poor guys hydrated, for crying out loud!
  • thoroughly and totally enjoying the movie "Garden State" starring Zach Braff and Natalie Portman. Three thumbs up!
  • Learning that Natalie Portman has a beautiful and evocative face -- I would compare her transcendent beauty to that of Audrey Hepburn (horrify Josh!). Those Star Wars films made her look like a freak, in retrospect.
  • re-discovering that a lazy Sunday morning on the computer is a great way to celebrate Labor Day!

I hope you like my dots (no bullets here; bullets are for guns; guns are for hunters and soldiers*).

-----------~---~-------------------------~---~------------------------~---~-----------------
* I don't like the NRA and I especially don't like Charleton Heston. Eeeeewww!

No comments: