Thursday, April 08, 2004

A troubling vote

Another thing I usually do in the morning is peruse and vote in CNN's unscientific poll for that day.

Today's poll asks the question, "What should the U.S. military do in Iraq?"

Usually I vote quickly (with my gut), and then, being the social creature that I am, check to see how my vote compares with others.

Today, I couldn't vote. I asked myself the question, and I felt troubled with all the choices.

I finally just looked at the results. They are:


Send reinforcements 45%

Keep current troop numbers 14%

Withdraw 41%."

Over 107,000 people had voted when I looked.

I don't like any of America's choices right now in Iraq. I think of all the people, innocent and guilty, terrorist and bystander, killer and victim . . . and I feel sick at heart. This is a civil war and we are in the middle of it.

No comments: