Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tomorrow is FIVE days!

Dragon Mood? -- embracing the dare-I-say joyful anticipation?

So tomorrow I complete my first week on the new job.   (sigh)   Yeah, the first week is tough! So much pent-up anticipation and energy and yet not enough knowledge or experience to apply it! ArrrghhH!

My boss has either spent enough time with me or directed others my way that I'm getting the clear sense that once I am in the swing of things, I am going to be very busy. Some of it will be daily grind sort of stuff, some of it will involve assessing and responding to exception-to-the-rules sort of situations.

And this all has to do with managing a "conduit" of data between this new company of mine (hee-hee, feels funny to say that) and BIG companies we serve.

I feel a surprising sense of happy anticipation as I embrace this new work journey. I want to do a good job for these folks, for this company ... and I want to do well for myself, make myself proud too.

UPDATE: Interestingly, after I posted this, I went to Astrodienst to check my horoscope. Here's what was posted for me today:
Enlarging your scope

In most areas of your life, you are able to act much more decisively than usual, especially in dealing with others. You know where you stand, and you ask others to let you know where they stand. And despite your self-assertiveness, you are able to create a balance in a group so that everyone benefits from working together and no one feels dissatisfied.

Under this influence you will want to enlarge the scope of your activities somewhat. It will not be enough to express your energies as you have in the past. At this time you want to find new expressions, and you will look for people to share in this. For this reason you want to be with active people who have enough energy to go along with your plans. On the physical level, this is usually a period of good health.

No comments: