Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hello, Goodbye

Dragon Mood? -- feeling the emotional highs and lows of beginnings and endings

Hello, July; Goodbye, June! I'm getting ready to head to bed and realized this will be my last opportunity to post here in June. This working stuff is seriously cutting into my blogging time!

Here in Motown, the-powers-that-be always have Fourth of July fireworks the week before the Fourth of July. Don't ask me why? Because people want to party with the Windsor folks while it's still June? I dunno!

Anyway, with S on vacation at our other house, I was here alone last night for the fireworks. I got my jammies on, turned off the lights and sat in the darkened TV room, watching the spectacular fireworks display over the Detroit River. Despite my 54 years, I felt thrilled and excited along with sentimental and patriotic and joyous. Imagine that -- all from fireworks!

Here's just one (small) sample of the stunning display we all got to watch!

from the Detroit News
This photo was taken by photographer, John T. Greilick, of the Detroit News.

No comments: