Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lina!

Dragon Mood? -- remembering and celebrating

Today is Lina's birthday! Wow, I can hardly believe that my baby is 31 years old! I called her just a little while ago at work and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She told me that she had baked a carrot cake last night to bring into work to share. It's a new recipe, full of shredded carrots and pineapple and coconut and raisins, all topped with cream cheese frosting. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? I wish I could be with her to celebrate!

A Seussian cake fit for a Queen!
While a big, ol' lake separates us, I have whipped up my own cyber-Photoshop-version of a birthday cake for my beautiful, queen-of-a-daughter! I love how Seussian it looks! The original cake was made by an obviously very talented cakemaker. Her blog is http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/ and the original image is here.

No comments: