Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Josh!

Dragon Mood? -- dragon-happy and celebrating!

Mbaby, my baby boy turns 29 today! Ohhh! While he jumps on the slippery slope to 30, I just hope and pray my memory holds out (for many, many years) so I remember all the sweet, lovely details of his birth!

Happy Birthday, Josh!As is our tradition, I called Josh this morning and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He sounded pleased, as he always does. It sounds silly, but just hearing the pleasure in his voice at my call gives me pleasure. We chatted about this, about that.

Right at the end of our conversation, he laughingly admitted that he actually thought he was turning 30 today. I replied with one of those hushed, intense "WOWs" that we fling out there when we're teasing one another and want to give the impression, "I can't believe you just said that!" I suggested (ever the mother) that, given the state of his memory, perhaps he should have two rather than three cocktails tonight after work. Obviously, those brain cells are expiring faster than expected! 27 - 28 - 29 ...(hee-hee)...

Happy 29th Birthday, my sweet son. I love you!

No comments: