Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Good Friday morning fire

Dragon Mood? -- a water Dragon who loves a good fire!

Rather than allow it to languish there, I am "post-"blogging this posting which I wrote in the back of my sudoku book last Friday morning:    I am such a Fire sign! Sitting here in the pine tree house, I am enjoying a fire in the fireplace this morning. Here's some things I'm struck by:
  • I love a full, almost 'roaring' fire.
  • I love the constant change of a good fire. The word, in astrology, is mutability.
  • I enjoy watching the interaction between fire and its life-source, air.
  • I love "stirring" up the fire ... and watching what happens as a result.
  • Fires need room to "breathe" and thrive. I can identify; so do I.
  • I welcome (as do most) the warmth a fire provides.
  • I thoroughly enjoy the mood a fire creates: relaxed, peaceful, calm, romantic, exciting, celebratory. I also enjoy the 'moods' of the fire itself, whether that is roaring, blazing, crackling, steady or dying.
I just added a big chunk of well-seasoned hickory to the fire. The fire quickly embraces the dark, dry wood. Listening to its gentle roar and the ensuing snapping and crackling of the fire, I smile and revel in my happiness.

No comments: