Friday, December 22, 2006

My last post of 2006

Dragon Mood? -- excited with anticipation

I'm getting ready to leave the pied-a-terre and head 'home' to the pine trees for the holidays.

Josh will be rolling in late tonight. I have cleaning and laundry and bedmaking to do before then, but those are simple put-on-the-Christmas-music chores that are part and parcel of holiday preparations. I'm hoping that Josh and S and I will have some time for fun and visiting this weekend.

I have a little Christmas elfing yet to do .... a gift check to cash and disperse from Papa and Evelyn .... gifts to wrap .... our traditional peppered smoked salmon fillet to retrieve from Oliver T's (Josh has agreed to drive over there with me) ... Christmas music to listen and sing along to ... drinks to drink ... Christmas Eve potato soup to prepare ... you know, the regular things people do in anticipation of Christmas!

Caroline rolls in late Christmas Eve. I'm just hoping that the roads are clear and dry for her drive.

We'll all gather (S's kids and spouses) late-in-the-day on Christmas Day to exchange gifts, eat, drink and smoke cigars. Whether or not Grandma and Sally will join us is up in the air. I don't know if S has invited them nor if they'll make the drive down.

Josh leaves to head back to Milwaukee sometime on the 26th. He's got work on his mind ... as well as partying with his peeps, I imagine!

Caroline is staying through the New Year. I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing, but I know we'll have fun no matter what!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you! Hard to imagine but my next post will be in 2007!

No comments: