Thursday, December 14, 2006

More birthday celebrations!

Well, my birthday celebrating continues on today.

I got an unexpected call from Uncle George this morning on my drive to work. He evidently had tried to call last night while S and I were at Jan and Tom's drinking and celebrating the holidays.

Then at work, a coworker, an emigre from Russia, came up to me (again unexpectedly) and handed me two items. Mariya said she overheard that yesterday was my birthday and wanted to wish me a "Happy Birthday!" She gave me a very nice mechanical pencil and a colorful pad of Post-It notes.

Happy Birthday in RussianI grabbed a blank piece of paper and asked her to write the words "Happy Birthday" for me in Russian. I'm thinking about replicating them in UG, creating a jpeg file and publishing it to Flickr.

And here it is ... with my clumsy effort at creating a stereotypical Russian onion dome.

No comments: