Sunday, November 05, 2006

Picking up the slack

Dragon Mood? -- winding even further down from a relaxed, low-down weekend

Yup ... I've been slackin'. Slackin' on the postin'.

Suffice to say that this past week was a bit terrible as far as work was concerned. I got threatened. Threatened with the axe. But you know?... I don't even want to validate the ephemeral nature of that threat and the transitional nature of this job by writing about it. It's a paycheck and it's keeping the modern-day wolves away from the door. That's it.

Next topic?

Well, I had the flu this past week ... sadly enough, on Halloween. Monday afternoon I suddenly felt achy and my throat hurt. I thought maybe I was coming down with a cold. The achy-ness persisted, the sore throat went away and then it got really fun -- I started feeling extraordinarily tired and three-sheets-to-the-wind dizzy. What a way to have the flu -- like you've drunk too much and got twirly beds! I slept, woke up, felt sleepy and slept some more. That went on for a day-and-a-half. And then it was over.

Friday, I saw my doctor. My doc is a woman and a longtime acquaintance from our children being in school together. I really like Wendy. She's a good doctor and a caring person. She and her staff have been an absolute godsend to S and my precarious financial state this past year. Every time I go in, she and her staff load me up with office samples of the numerous meds that I take. Thank God for Dr. Wendy!

My lab results came back and looked pretty good. I don't have the sheets here in front of me, but generally all my numbers looked pretty good. Another thing to be thankful for!

Like I said about my mood, I'm windin' down. Not much more to say. Good night!

No comments: