Monday, November 13, 2006

Catching up!

Dragon Mood? -- amazed at my slackerly slack-ing-ness

Yes, I am indeed amazed at my slacker-coma in the blogosphere. All I can say is that given the incredibly bad marks that the nation gave George W., a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE, GEORGE!,"an amazingly uniform thumbs-down on Iraq, I was in a daze, a haze, a coma of such epic proprotions that only now am I emerging!

Wow! Can you believe what happened on Election Day!???!!?

Isn't it great? Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it amazing?

Amazing I'll grant you. As for great and wonderful, well, that remains to be seen. Can the Democrats really sustain all this "bipartisan" rhetoric and bonhomie? I rather doubt it. But ... I am a person of faith and I want to believe that they will indeed DO some of the things that they're talking about. I do, I Do , I DO!

First of all, Iraq. Or as my red-wine-befuddled fingers want to type, "Iraz."

Secondly, the minimum wage. Congress-People, "SAY what you mean and MEAN what you SAY!" Do it! Forgo the bloated, embarassing raises that you love to give yourselves and cough up the incredibly overdue cost-of-living adjustment to the people who are at the bottom of the income ladder and need it most.

Prescription drugs. Or more broadly, a short-term and long-term strategy for the national health care crisis which is rearing its ugly head ... and only getting uglier. We need it. We definitely need it. Not just the old. Not just the uninsured. Don't forget about all of us middle-class folks who are getting squeezed every which way we turn. Please don't leave us out of the health care costs equation. We want to see that our government representatives recognize and respond to the ways in which our current health care system screws us too.

Whew! Okay. I'm getting lightheaded up here on this soapbox. I'll climb down now.

But I may have more to say!?!

No comments: