Tuesday, November 07, 2006

feeling nervous

Dragon Mood?  -- hopeful while nervous and antsy
 
Today, the news is full of polls and updates regarding our national election tomorrow.  It sounds like the Republican machine has kicked into gear, to maximize registered Republican voters voting as well as those poll-defying independents. 
 
Don't get me wrong; I'm all for people voting.  That is the right of all American citizens.  But simply put, I don't trust the Republican Party, I don't trust Karl Rove, I don't trust that our elections won't be tampered with.  A sad confession, isn't it?
 
Tomorrow, I hope that all people who want to vote can.
 
Tomorrow, I hope that polling places are well staffed, smooth operating and that all votes cast are counted.
 
Tomorrow, I hope that the Republicans get run out of office on a rail.  Tarred and feathered would be even better.
 
By the end of this week, I hope Governor Jennifer Granholm has a chance to relax and spend time with her kids.
 
By the end of this week, I hope Senator Debbie Stabenow can settle back into work and focus on getting prescription drug costs reduced for all of us folks who need them and can't necessarily afford them.
 
By the end of this week, I hope Nancy Pelosi is settling into her new role as House Majority Leader.
 
I hope!

No comments: