Friday, August 04, 2006

Quick update

Dragon Mood? -- hopeful

It's too early to tell ... but things are looking a bit more hopeful on the job front.

I heard from a recruiter that my resume got past the first gatekeeper on a job at one of the Big Three (you know, the OLD Big Three, not the NEW Big Three which now includes Toyota).

I sent off my resume for a job in the Windy City that -- well, that I think I should be a shoo-in for. But it may join all my other resumes in the galactic black hole of trashed resumes. We'll see.

And then there's Adam. An old colleague called me after networking with another old colleague and I most likely will have an interview for a job right here in Motown next week. The catch? I would be working a second shift, from 3:30 p.m. to midnight. ArrrghhhH!

And now ... I need to get off the computer, gather my shhhtuff and get ready to head home to the pines. S and I are watching Baby Preston, who is now scarily mobile and FAST, for the entire weekend! Will we survive? Breaking news -- or broken news-- on Monday!

No comments: