Monday, August 14, 2006

The BIG Monday!

Dragon Mood? -- throbbing scales too!

Today I start a new job. FINALLY!!!

My left upper back muscles are as tight as a drum ... I'm definitely nervous. I know that once I get there, settle in, and get to work, I'll be fine. It's just the time between now and then.

S and my weekend was quiet and relaxed. We did some errands separately early Saturday afternoon and then met up at Buddies for nachos and a beer. Then we drove home and promptly took a two-and-a-half hour nap. How's that for relaxed?

Yesterday, we got a surprise, impromptu visit from our nephew Luke and his friend, Andrew. S was working on cleaning the deck for a staining update. I fixed a fresh pot of coffee, nuked some turkey bacon for them and rustled up three-egg omelettes for the two guys. S drank a beer while cooling off. We had a wide-ranging conversation (would you expect any less from S?); it ping-ponged from Myers-Briggs personality types, seeking life's purpose and jobs to the gnostic Gospels, mu waves and quantum physics. Whew! I actually had to write two notes to get a word in edgewise. S was on a roll! And to Luke and Andrew's credit, they rolled right along with her!

The guys left around 4 o'clock, I believe, and I vegged and took a nap. S did some more work on the deck, I think.

I also got to talk briefly with Yosh as he prepared to fly to Boston last night. And, Lina and I had a lovely catch-up-with-each-other conversation later in the evening as I drove down "here" to the pied-a-terre for the impending work week. Feels almost funny to say that.

My orientation starts at 3 this afternoon. Wish me well!

No comments: