Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday morning update

Dragon Mood? -- tense dragon muscles

Usually Fridays evoke the upcoming weekend and gleeful, happy feelings.

For some reason, today I'm not feeling gleeful, not even happy. I suspect it has something to do with the lack of activity on the job-front. I've been a real slacker this week, concentrating instead on painting the dining room.

Methinks I must quit the painting scene and get back to full-time job hunting. Yup, I think that's what I need to do! That and my XHTML tutorials!

But first .... er, I have to run to Home Depot and buy another quart of Pale Sunshine. I have less than a cup of paint from the original gallon and I can't finish the job with that. ArrrghhhH!

And did I mention that I'm feeling a bit stressed about money? My "flush-ness" with money is eroding as the temporary job fades further and further into the past. I've paid my taxes, just paid two medical bills this morning (each in the $90 range) and have an unemployment check coming in the next couple of days. But I hate to see my checking account doing nothing but going down, down, down. You know, sometimes I think money (or the lack of it) just sucks. I wonder what it was like when people resorted to barter?

No comments: