Monday, May 08, 2006

First bicycle ride of spring

Dragon Mood? -- a glorious feeling

Last Saturday, I pumped up the air in my bicycle tires and I went for my first ride of this year.

Wheeee-ee-eeeeee!

I LOVE riding my bicycle. I love the feeling of freedom, the wind blowing through my hair, the speed of flying through neighborhood streets after all the winter trudging through snowy streets. What a feeling!

I tied Cisco up so she wouldn't follow me on my maiden trip. Ohh, the whimpers, the cries, as my trusty bicycle and I flew out of the driveway! I felt only a little bit of guilt at leaving her behind. Finally, I returned to our house, untied the poor dog and then we took another turn around the "big" block of the subdivision. Oh, she was happy ... but not as happy as I was on my first bicycle ride of the spring!

Who says a fifty-something with achey joints and south-bound body parts can't feel like an eight year-old again?

No comments: