Sunday, February 12, 2006

Workin' with smooth jazz in the background ...

It's Sunday, a sunny but cold February afternoon. I'm at the pied-a-terre, working today, trying to get some work done before I leave for our week in Florida.

I'm struggling to stay focused ... (can you tell?).

One of the side benefits of this working-at-home thing is listening to streaming audio from Yahoo's LaunchCast radio. What a treat, especially for someone who likes lots of music and also dislikes lots of music. LaunchCast gives you the ability to select a station with a specific type of music --OR-- create your own radio station, rating the songs you like highly and dissing the songs you don't. I'm getting to hear lots of music that I otherwise wouldn't hear. And I'm finding that I do enjoying listening to smooth jazz when I'm working. It's "easy on the ears." My biggest apologies to my son, Yosh ... who, as far as I can tell ... CAN'T STAND smooth jazz. I think all it conjures for him is Kenny G and his wailing sax.

But I like this. I plan on rating more smooth jazz with two, three, maybe even four stars! Sorry, Yosh!

Now ... back to work!

No comments: