Saturday, February 25, 2006

Our funky Florida hideaway

Dragon Mood? -- let's see; we'll put yellow in the main area; shall we hang some beaded macrame curtains in the loggia???

We stayed in unit #10. It used to be a beach motel. Now it's a co-op of owner-occupied and rental condos. It's totally 1950's, funky and completely charming. I loved it from the moment I stepped in.

Looking toward the atrium

But, being a rental, it was a mite too bland for my dragonish tastes. So, Wednesday I went to the local dollar store, bought bright yellow crepe paper, a paper pinata that said "Happy Birthday!" and went to town decorating.

Happy 50th Birthday, Honey!

Did I mention the open-air inner atrium? Did I mention that it's two stories high? I love the columns that surround the atrium, their clean lines, their "orderliness" and predictability. If I could design a space for myself, it would have the feel of our funky Florida hideaway.

Florida hideaway atrium II

It was perfect for my tastes. I loved it!

No comments: