Sunday, February 26, 2006

A lovely quiet Sunday

Dragon Mood? -- relaxed and pensive

S and I are winding down on a lovely quiet Sunday. No trees falling, no working on Sunday, no snowstorm, no locusts and plagues. Just a quiet Sunday. Lovely.

We watched, rather I watched the Spartans lose another game. S couldn't bear to watch. I don't know exactly what's going on with the men's team, but they seem to have lost their heart, their fire for the game and for the win. Especially Paul Davis. He had several lightning passes come his way, through his hands and continue on, out of bounds. What's with that? He did end up fouling out with 3:30 to go in the second half. This is his last season as a Spartan. What's going on with him?

After the game, S and I mosied over to J & J's for a quick introduction to their newly-rescued Spanish water dog, named Allie or (C)allie, depending on if it's Joanne who's naming her. Joanne is in a permanent love affair with any and all things remotely related to California, hence the name, Callie.

Allie/Callie is a sweet, mellow four-year old Spanish water dog with a beautiful hypoallergenic, apricot & white coat. I sat on the floor to get acquainted with her. After a couple of minutes, she came over and literally flopped in my lap. "Hello, are you my mom?" What a sweetie-pie! While Jeanne and Joanne brought her back to Michigan, possibly for Jeanne's sister, Mary, methinks Allie/Callie is going nowhere but has captured both of their hearts (mine too!).

Meanwhile, our dog, lovely snarly yellow-dog Cisco was waiting patiently in the back of my hatchback. Little did she know that we had been unloyally fraternizing with a dog she would happily have eaten for a Sunday happy hour appetizer(!)

When we got home, I put on David and Steven Gordon's Drum Medicine CD, snuggled up on the couch and promptly fell asleep. Have I said anything recently about how much I love afternoon naps??? I DO! I love them.

Upon slo-o-owly waking up, I got up, warmed a cup of coffee au lait, took a hot, hot, long hot shower, washed my hair, shaved my legs and enjoyed the heat on some pesky tense back muscles. It felt wonderful.

S and I remade our bed with freshly laundered sheets (compliments of moi) and now I'm sitting here, at the computer, posting my life to the internet and for millions to see.

Oh yes ... and I'm drinking some, what I would call, Kool-aid wine, brought over by an elderly neighbor some months back. It's Blackberry Merlot (pronounced mer-LOT) like all good Warda Texans do.

Cheers!

No comments: