Monday, November 21, 2005

Three days to Turkey Day and counting

Dragon Mood? -- in the groove, listenin' to a new CD, "Quantique" by Yves Leveille

Havin' a pretty good day.

I heard my cell phone alarm go off this morning without that heavy-headed, cottony-feeling I've been experiencing. Instead, I woke up right away, thankfully clear-headed.

Dressed casually, jeans, wool socks, Birks, drove into town to buy just a couple of dollars worth of gas. Surprise -- gas was selling for $2.03 a gallon, so I filled up. Then I went over to the little coffee shop run by an ex-Baptist preacher (or so the grapevine says) to buy a latte. He looks tired, worn, a little thinner. I bet that's a hard job to do. I bought my latte and headed down the two-lane highway.

I made the 75-minute drive in about 70 minutes thanks to fast-moving traffic. Swapped my jeans out for some navy blue slacks and headed to work.

Slipped quietly into work, buckled down, and earned my salt (a pinch, at least!). Picked up my scrip at Sam's over lunch and finished out the day.

Now, it's back to the pied-a-terre to put my jeans back on, head to physical therapy for my ever-so-slowly-thawing frozen shoulder and then what? Probably, I'll buy a bomber soy chai at the handy-dandy Starbucks, jump on the freeway and head back to our home in the tall pines. Whew!

What a crazy, peripatetic gypsy life this is!

No comments: