Friday, November 04, 2005

Make a wish

Dragon Mood? -- startled, excited

Tuesday evening, I was sitting outside, in the driveway of the pied-a-terre, talking to Lina on my cell phone. I noticed the sound of a plane flying overhead, so I looked up. The blinking lights of the plane passed by. Lina and I continued to talk.

And then, what to my wondering eyes should appear but ... a shooting star!?! I watched it from the right side of my view ALL-LLL the way across the sky. As it streamed across the darkness, it slowly burnt itself up in the atmosphere. Silently, arcing! Then, nothing. It was gone!

ooh-ooh, a shooting star!

"Ooh-ooh, I just saw a shooting star!" I exclaimed.

"Make a wish, make a wish, Mom!," Lina prompted.

"What should I wish for?" I asked.

"Oh, you should have those wishes lined up!" she answered knowingly.

"Well, give me a second," I answered a little panicky. I certainly didn't want to blow my chance for a completely unexpected bonus wish!

Wishes, wishes? What should I wish for? S came to my mind. I'll make a wish for us both? No, I'll make a wish just for me. Oh, that's so selfish! Make a combined wish! Oh, okay!

So I did. A wish that incorporates good things for both S and me.

Let's hope.

I am hoping!

No comments: