Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Re-filling the well -- or -- doing for yourself

In response to the question, "What are you doing for yourself TODAY?"... I answered with these:


  • I woke up without an alarm this morning. That is always a pleasure rather than being jArRReD out of bed!


  • I did walk on the treadmill for fifteen minutes -- a little shorter than I should, but certainly better than doing nothing!


  • I sat and slowly drank a cup of coffee even though I knew it would make me late for work!


  • I lovingly made myself a bowl of hot oatmeal with iodized sea salt, a teaspoon of brown sugar, crumbled walnuts and half a banana. I ate it slowly. Even more late.


  • I used rosemary/mint shampoo this morning simply for the pleasure of smelling it. I stood in the shower and enjoyed the hot water hitting my upper back. Even later still!


  • I wrote a brief thank-you note to our mail carrier and posted it inside the mailbox for her to find -- because it felt like a good and random-act-of-kindness thing to do. She had held our mail just by my talking to her, not running to the post office and filing any pieces of paper or anything. A thank-you note felt like the least I could do.


  • I made myself a cup of tea after lunch -- Celestial Seasonings Moroccan Pomegranate Red -- just for simple sipping pleasure.


  • I called Ruth this morning for a brief chat. Doris and Hemie left Roanoke early this afternoon for their trip back to Texas. I think we're going to talk more tonight.


  • I think I'm going to crack open my last bottle of Crane Lake cabernet sauvignon this evening and sip on it while I make myself some dinner and do a little laundry.


  • And .... I'm considering swinging by either a nearby Rite-Aid, a Target or the closest World Market just to do a little random Christmas elfing -- see what may grab my fancy.


  • Funny .... I just realized that I brought a bunch of Christmas CDs from our 'other' home to work for my listening pleasure (including several that Lina and Yosh have burned for me over the last couple of years) and I haven't even DIPPPED into them yet!


So ... that's my day so far. I am feeling better today. But I have lots more serious TAKING CARE OF ME to do. I feel like I've filled the well up to about my ankles right now! :-) Lots more well-filling to do!

No comments: